Earth Day Activities
Happy Earth Day! How are you celebrating today? You really can incorporate Earth Day activities all throughout the year. Try some of these out in the classroom or at home:
- Plant seeds together in plastic cups or jars. Keep them by a windowsill. When they are getting too big for the containers, try planting them around the house or school if you’re able to!
- Pick up trash around your school or neighborhood.
- Start a community garden.
- Go on a nature walk.
- Recycle at home and at school. Make a graph to show the different kinds of materials you have recycled and how many of each.
- Use recycled materials for crafts. Try a few of these recycled projects from the Chocolate Muffin Tree.
- Collect bottles from family and friends. Or hold a collection for your community or school.
- Don’t throw away old clothes – donate them to a Salvation Army, Goodwill, or something similar.
- Save paper when you can! Try printing on both sides, use only one sheet per partner/group, or use recycled/scrap paper when you can.
- Activities from Eco Kids
- Activities from Scholastic
- 50 Earth Day Activities For Kids
- Earth Day Resources at Teachers Pay Teachers
More information about Earth Day and how you can get involved!